You are a detail-oriented and tireless perfectionist. You are calm, cool and collected no matter what is happening. You are unflappable and pleasant to the most challenging vendor. You can sell sponsorships, write a run of show and are hungry to grow professionally. You can put on a concert, but your heart is only really in it if you’re doing some good. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done. There’s no task too small and you’re equally happy to carry cases of water, check people in, hire vendors, work within a budget, write web copy, and manage a huge team of volunteers. You are flexible enough to adapt to changing circumstances, but able to hold a diverse group of stakeholders accountable. Most importantly, you’re ready for a huge and exciting challenge and you can make a strong team even better.
Notley is a catalyst for social innovation. We unlock new opportunities for impact-minded organizations and changing communities. We’re ecosystem builders and social innovators on a mission to fund and support businesses, nonprofits, and programs making a positive change in the world.
We’re a fast-paced, team-oriented group that is breaking the rules of social innovation. We’re highly collaborative and seek out individuals with unique backgrounds that aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and build incredible things from the ground up.
“Hustle” is on the wall for a reason. It’s our mantra. It doesn’t mean frantic or busy, it means a purposefully lean approach to creating something out of nothing. It’s the art of pushing balls downhill or putting yourself in a place to be the beneficiary of serendipity. Hustling is a practice or approach to your work, it’s not a discrete thing you do - it’s a way of living and working.
Founded in 2015 by Lisa Wilson Graham and Dan Graham, founder of BuildASign.com, as a way to leverage their own business and investing success, Notley partners with social impact companies and nonprofits ready to scale.
- You will be the front lines for all Notley events - Philanthropitch, Startup Games, happy hours, educational events, panels, etc.
- Oversee resourceful, creative and precise planning of event logistics in a timely manner
- Develop data-driven models to improve decision making
- Track and report event expenses and deliverables against plan
- Coordinate deliverables for complex projects that involve multiple portfolio companies from product launches to services engagements
- Set meetings and provide necessary context for appropriate stakeholders and team members
- Complete event execution and stakeholder feedback, incorporating new insights into future event plans
- Deliver all projects on time
- Ask for help when you need it and be willing to change your approach
- Provide regular updates to management and portfolio companies
- Domestic Travel required.
- 3+ years experience in event production and end-to-end event management
- Demonstrated history of producing successful events
- Excellent written communication and collaboration skills
- The ability to translate multi-stakeholder meetings into actionable deliverables
- The ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to generate basic collateral, e.g. one-pagers and powerpoint decks
- Experience managing a complex registration system
- Prior experience with innovative philanthropic events
- Prior experience producing 1,000+ person events successfully
- BS/BA preferred
The opportunity to join an incredible team with two high growth philanthropy events - Philanthropitch and Startup Games - that are scaling nationally. You’ll have nearly unlimited potential for learning and professional growth.
When we mentioned that we’re a highly collaborative team, we mean it. You’ll be working alongside fundraisers for sponsorships, a marketing and creative team that will help design signage, collateral, and finesse copy, an accounting team that will help keep you on budget, on contract, and get vendors paid, and a leadership team that wants you to own the role and provide support in every way that we can.
The other stuff you want to know:
- No vacation policy. We work hard and take the time that we need to refresh.
- Flexible work schedule. Just get stuff done.
- Baseball hats and yoga pants.
- Dog friendly
- Yes, you get health benefits - medical, dental, and vision. Probably the best you’ve ever seen.
- We office out of East Austin close to tacos, coffee, and breweries.
To apply, please click the link below. Thank you!